Regional Manager (Northwest/South Central/Southeast/West)
Northwest/South Central/Southeast/West, USA
The regional manager is responsible for assisting the Director of Community Engagement in the implementation of the annual development fundraising plan and goals. This includes cultivating welcoming relationships with grassroots Islamic institutions and individuals resulting in an increased brand awareness and presence in these communities. The bulk of the position’s responsibility pertains to continually prospecting the community for potential donors to grow the donor base within that region and to garner financial support for Yaqeen Institute’s mission.
- Models Islamic character and professionally represents the Yaqeen brand and culture.
- Constantly engages in donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Researches, identifies, and qualifies key community contacts, current, and prospective donors within their respective region.
- Establishes, develops, and maintains relationships with these key individuals.
- Identifies where the philanthropic interests of these communities and/or individual donors within the community intersect with Yaqeen’s mission.
- Organizes opportunities, such as donor engagement events, for the community and individual donors to see the value in financially investing in Yaqeen and invites them to contribute at giving levels appropriate for their capacity.
- Organizes conferences and annual banquets for the purpose of offering value based content to the community while at the same time creating an opportunity to fundraise.
- Implements a system to inform these groups, institutions, and individuals about Yaqeen’s resources and promotes their use.
- Develops familiarity with Yaqeen's resources.
- Engages regional volunteers.
- Contacts vendors for special events, acquires quotes, and maintains pricing information.
- Supports projects and leads in planning and execution of donor and public events and webinars.
- Minimum of a BA, BS, or equivalent.
- Ability to organize and prioritize time and accurately complete multiple varied tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of donor information and other sensitive information.
- Excellent data entry skills with a passion for data management, accuracy and reporting.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Excellent customer service background and demonstrated organizational and communications skills.
- Two to three years related work experience with the Muslim community preferred.
- Manages for Results - Strong project management skills necessary to manage and coordinate multiple relationships and projects at one time.
- Leverages Functional Expertise - Ability to proactively and independently manage all aspects of regional fundraising activities.
- Communicates Effectively - Ability to communicate with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders through both written and verbal communication.
- Collaborates Internally and Externally - Ability to collaborate across a variety of internal departments as well as partner and engage with a wide range of external stakeholders.
- Translates Strategy to Operational Goals - Ability to understand Yaqeen’s overall strategy and then work to implement the strategies.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive. Experience with or interest in learning HubSpot, Classy, Salesforce, and other partnership development software.
- Superior verbal/written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, donors, and prospective donors.
- Ability to manage up and across different staff levels to bring projects to completion.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Analytical skills and strong attention to details.
Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented, diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.